cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

ICE27 Validation Error

I am running full validation to check my install for errors and warning that I can fix and I am getting this ICE27 error that I do not quite understand:

'MigrateFeatureStates' Action in InstallExecuteSequence table in wrong place. Current: Execution, Correct: Selection

No I have not touched this action in the sequence table, so what does this actually tell me?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The MigrateFeatureStates action, according the the MSI documentation, should immediately follow the CostFinalize action. In previous versions of InstallShield, it was possible that using certain functionality in the product could result in MigrateFeatureStates to not be sequenced immediately after CostFinalize. This was corrected for new projects created in IS 2009 or newer versions. However, the sequencing of this action for migrated projects was not changed.

You should be able to resolve the ICE27 by ensuring MigrateFeatureStates is always the next action after CostFinalize in the Install UI Sequence and Install Execute Sequence. If needed, you can adjust the sequencing through the Custom Actions and Sequences view.
0 Kudos
Tim_Mayert
Level 9

Thanks Josh,

Since most of my install projects have been updated installs from previous versions of IS would explain why this action was not in the correct location.

I'll go through my other projects just to verify that this action is in the correct location.
0 Kudos