cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NikkiBUK76
Level 3

How to use a customized Patch Welcome Dialog

Hi All,

I have created a Quick Patch project in Installshield 2009 SP 2, that will patch 4 files on my original install. My base MSI has a customized Patch Welcome dialog with the following condition "Installed And PATCH And Not IS_MAJOR_UPGRADE"

However when I build and run the Update.exe, the Patch Welcome dialog is still the standard Installshield dialog.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug within Installshield?

Please help, I am getting very frustrated.

TIA

Regards
Nicola

Edit: I should have mentioned the base MSI is created from a Basic MSI Project 😮
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
NikkiBUK76
Level 3

Please can anyone help?

TIA

Nicola
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Have you modified the default PatchWelcome dialog or did you cloned the dialog? If you cloned the dialog, do both dialogs exists in the UI sequence?
0 Kudos
NikkiBUK76
Level 3

Hi

These are the steps I have followed for this customizing the dialog in the original MSI project.

1. I have cloned the standard PatchWelcome dialog.
2. Changed the picture and some of the wording to my company standards.
3. Inserted this customized dialog into the Execute Sequence.
4. Copied all the default setting from the standard dialog to the new dialog.
5. Removed the standard PatchWelcome from Execute sequence.

I have then used this MSI to create my QuickPatch project

When the Update.exe runs I get the Installshield's Preparing to Install Patch dialog, followed by the standard PatchWelcome dialog, once the Update button has been clicked then I get my Customized SetupProgress dialog and then my Customized Finish dialog.

I am really at a loss as to why my customized PatchWelcome dialog doesn't show when my other dialogs do.

TIA

Nicola
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

There's no Dialogs view in QuickPatch projects; I don't think that QuickPatch projects have support for custom dialogs. Try creating a standard patch in the Patch Design view.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos