Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradnya
Level 3

How to use -V option in command line build

Hi ,

I am using ISMP 11.5
To build the ISMP project file from commad line i am using following command format

com.installshield.isje.ISJE

I have created a variable VERSION using Property Manager in ISMP GUI and had set some default value to it.
Now I want to set some different value to this variable when i build the project file from command line.

example : com.installshield.isje.ISJE SampleProject.uip -alias ABC=D:\temp\test -V VERSION="4.5" -build

Here command works properly for 'alias' but it gives error for -V.
Error is "illegal command line argument : -V"

Can anyone help on this. How do I set value for a variable ?
This is an urgent issue i need to resolve.
I would appreciate if any 1 can help asap

thanks
pradnya
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I think -V is supported only at run time, and not build time.

If nothing else, you might look into modifying the property with an XSL style sheet at build time, about which see the help topic "Using XSL Stylesheets". (You could presumably modify the .uip XML project file directly, instead, but that would be a more or less permanent change.)
0 Kudos
Lary0083
Level 3

You can't use -V in command line build. The only thing you can pass in are $A, and you do it by using -pathVariable YOUR_VARIABLE_HERE. Trust me, I spent some time trying to figure this out because in the ISMP Help, it's not that clear. You can see these by looking in to the path variables section of your ISMP project, right where IS_HOME is at. You can add more here, and then set them at build time using what I explained above... that's the ONLY thing you can pass in at build time.

-L

pradnya wrote:
Hi ,

I am using ISMP 11.5
To build the ISMP project file from commad line i am using following command format

com.installshield.isje.ISJE

I have created a variable VERSION using Property Manager in ISMP GUI and had set some default value to it.
Now I want to set some different value to this variable when i build the project file from command line.

example : com.installshield.isje.ISJE SampleProject.uip -alias ABC=D:\temp\test -V VERSION="4.5" -build

Here command works properly for 'alias' but it gives error for -V.
Error is "illegal command line argument : -V"

Can anyone help on this. How do I set value for a variable ?
This is an urgent issue i need to resolve.
I would appreciate if any 1 can help asap

thanks
pradnya
0 Kudos