cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottd72
Level 7

How to specify exe custom package location for Suite project file

Using a 2016 Suite project file, I want to specify the location for my exe package. As it exists now they are put into a default location which is some random guid folder, ie: {8E1D8440-2F2E-46D2-B2C3-7E31BF5F7BC5}. But in my dvd, we do not put our exe in a folder named {8E1D8440-2F2E-46D2-B2C3-7E31BF5F7BC5}. I would have thought there would be an easy way to specify where the exe is located, and point the "Location" to that folder. But it doesn't appear to me there is such an option available. I would really prefer not to have to specify "Extract from setup.exe" since the packages are large and would balloon the size of the suite's .exe. And I'd be very surprised if i'm the only one who has ever run into this situation, but I am not seeing anything on the forums about what I would consider to be a very common and basic need. Is there a way to specify the location of the exe? Am I just blind and do not see it?

Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
scottd72
Level 7

So, I'm pretty sure there's no built in solution to this issue, but a way (hack) to get it to the way I want is to modify the .suite project in Notepad++, look for the package .exe and change the
0 Kudos