cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayurbirari
Level 5

How to show progress in silent mode for installscript project?

I want to show progress of the installation in the silent mode for installscript project. I searched a lot and could not find anything for installscript project. It would be great If anybody could help.
Thanks in advance!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

It sounds like you're looking for a rough equivalent to Windows Installer's basic UI mode. This isn't directly available, as the /s silent parameter will remove all of InstallScript's UI. Perhaps you could add a custom /z parameter response which will suppress all of your standard dialogs (via custom code), and only show the status dialog...
0 Kudos
mayurbirari
Level 5

Thanks Michael.
But then I'm also using in-build dialogs. Is there a way so that these ones gets handled automatically as if we are in the silent mode?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You would probably have to add all the events and condition the dialogs against your /z CMDLINE parameter, so no it's not automatic at all. The automatic one is under /s which would suppress all InstallScript dialogs including the status dialog.
0 Kudos
mayurbirari
Level 5

Hi Michael.
Thanks again.
I copied scripts all in-built dialogs that I'm using and implemented mmy own silent mode. But I found out that "SilentReadData" is not working in this mode. Do you have any alternative for this?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

SilentReadData needs to read from a response file, which will be unavailable unless the /s parameter is used. You could implement the same general idea (store something to a file and read it back) yourself, but unless you use the built-in parameter you won't get to use the built-in support.
0 Kudos