cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peterbi
Level 7

How to set "Terminal Server Aware" option to IS 10.5 projects?

Hi,

I just fix a bug in our IS2008 project (Basic MSI), the fix is that some of our deferred CAs need 'Terminal Server Aware' option, now it works fine.

But we have an old version of the product that was implemented with IS10.5 (IScript MSI), so there is no explicit CAs (from 'Custom Actions' panel). I have been working on 'Basic MSI' project only, how can I propagate the fix to the old version of the product, or how can I make IS10.5 (IScript MSI) project 'Terminal Server Aware' (is it possible I can apply "msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware" in IScript code)?

Thanks,
Peter
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
peterbi
Level 7

I think I posted it just one second too early.

We did have Basic MSI version of the old product, but when I looked at the "In-Script Excution" options, I can't find "Deferred Excution (Terminal Server Aware)" in IS 10.5, is that right? Is there anyway I can put "Terminal Server Aware" option to a deferred custom action under IS10.5 (Basic MSI)?

Thanks,
Peter
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This option corresponds to a value in the Type column of the CustomAction table. It'll be a pain if you can't just select it from the dropdown, but you should be able to look at the Type value in your updated project and apply the same changes manually to your old project.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa368069(VS.85).aspx for some more details on the bit values in question - you'll generally have to add 0x4000 (16384) to the non TSAware type.
0 Kudos