cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harendra_chauha
Level 4

How to set Setup prerequisite using Automation interface

we can set the setup prerequisite file(.prq) for the installation project manually by
1. Go to installation designer Tab
2. under Application data select Redistributables
3. select setup prerequisite from object type to display combobox
4. select the appropriate checkbox to add .prq ( prerequisite) to your installation.

above mentioned is the manual process but I want to do it by automation interface.

can any body tell me whether there is automation interface is supported to set the Prerequisites for the project

we can create the object as:
CreateObject("IswiAuto1150.ISWiProject")

but i could not find any method to set prerequisite.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
harendra_chauha
Level 4

harendra.chauha wrote:
we can set the setup prerequisite file(.prq) for the installation project manually by
1. Go to installation designer Tab
2. under Application data select Redistributables
3. select setup prerequisite from object type to display combobox
4. select the appropriate checkbox to add .prq ( prerequisite) to your installation.

above mentioned is the manual process but I want to do it by automation interface.

can any body tell me whether there is automation interface is supported to set the Prerequisites for the project

we can create the object as:
CreateObject("IswiAuto1150.ISWiProject")

but i could not find any method to set prerequisite.

Please do reply as soon as possible
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

can you tell me why you want to automate this?

If you design your project, normally you define your prerequisites then...

So I try to understand which benefit you try to reach by trying to automate this... 🙂
0 Kudos
harendra_chauha
Level 4

1.Actually we have a common ISM project (base project) which we use for creating installation setup for more than one product.
& project specific changes in this common base ISM project are done by using automation interface.

2. & for these different project some part is common & some are different which are later on updated using automation interface.

3 one project need to install .Net Framework 3.5 while other may need to install Framework 3.0

so i need to set the prerequisites at run time in the base ISM projetc.

I can also manage if automation interface can do the runtime selection of .prq files( file containing info of prerequisites to be installed).

so I will have two different .prq files , one of them will install .Net 3.5 which can be used for one project setup creation & another .prq file can be used for another project which will install .net 3.0 as required.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Since prerequisites don't have direct selection support in the automation interface, could you instead use release flags? For example, add a release flag to each such as NET30 and NET35. Then when you create your new release, specify one or the other in its release flags field. If you needed both (unlikely for .NET), you could specify NET30,NET35.
0 Kudos
harendra_chauha
Level 4

can you please explain more about
release flags
how to use release flags
0 Kudos
Christoph
Level 8

do a search for 'release flags' in the installshield help.
Everything is explained very well there.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

What is the point of having an automation interface if it doesn't expose everything that the user interface can do?
0 Kudos