cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BizerbaDev
Level 6

How to report a InstallShield-Bug to Acresso? Problems with MergeModule holder object

Hi!

My department is using InstallShield 12 Professional Edition and we are currently evaluating IS2009, because of several bugs in IS12.

While evaluation I recognized that the following bug seems to be unsolved since at least IS 11.5:

InstallScript Merge Module holder object does not update/overwrite older files

Although many people already complained about this problem in the community forum since years it seems that MacroVision/Acresso did not recognize it. Unfortunately my department does not have a support contract so it seems I can´t make a support request. Therefore it would by nice to know how to report a bug to Acresso?

Regards

Ralf
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

As Stefan recommended in that thread, the merge module holder object is not the right choice for projects with complicated needs. Windows Installer is a complicated and finicky technology, especially around upgrades and file updates, so you need to spend the time to make an MSI that controls it correctly. The MMHO does not give you the flexibility necessary to do that.
0 Kudos
BizerbaDev
Level 6

Hi Michael!

That´s not what I wanted to hear, but I guess I´ll have to live with it. Too bad.

Regards

Ralf
0 Kudos