cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deskny
Level 3

How to remove file after installation

Does anybody know how to remove files after installation (msi project)?
I need first copy files into temp directory and finally remove them.
For coping I use InstallFiles action, it works.
For removing I want to use RemoveFiles action, I set it after InstallFiles in ExecuteSequence.
But I doesn't work, I can't understand why.
Files leave on disk after installation exit.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Depending on what you're doing, can you add files to the Support Files view and use the SUPPORTDIR property? Support files should be automatically cleaned up when the installer finishes.
0 Kudos
deskny
Level 3

I wouldn't want to use support files by some reasons.
I include not files, but folder (I dont know in anvance how many files will be in the folder)
So i can use only adding files to the disk folder. All users have access to these files. So users can change or delete them. If users do so, my installer will work in the wrong way :(.
And also I want my installer be one-file installer without 50 support files with it.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

The Automation interface (specifically the AddSetupFile method of the ISWiProject object) supports dynamically adding support files before a build, so that might make up for the lack of dynamic support file linking in the interface...
0 Kudos
deskny
Level 3

Really valuable information, thanks, I will have it in view.
But in this way I cant build currect installer from the IS GUI - only from the script.
It's no good.
I really cant understand why there is no support of adding folder in the list of support files :confused:
Why I can add folder only into advanced files???
I try to move folder from advanced files to support files - and get an error during building process (fatal error -6207: An error occurred building Setup File %s.) :eek:
0 Kudos