cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Octron66x
Level 3

How to record third party application dialog information??

Hello,

I've a InstallScript project and want to do a silent install. Therefore I recorded all user activities (The information taken from the Dialogs) using [FONT="Courier New"]setup.exe /r /f1"c:\setup.iss"[/FONT]

during my Installation also the .NET Framework 3.0 shall be installed. Therefore I use [FONT="Courier New"]LaunchAppAndWait(dotnetfx3.exe, ...)[/FONT]. Calling the .NET Framework installation works fine, but the user dialog interactions will not be recorded.

I know that it is possible to record dialog information of (InstallShield) custom Dialogs. But that's not my problem.

Is it possible to record user dialog interaction of a third party application (like .NET Framework or SQL server)???

Quick help would be great!!!

Thanx
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The ability to do so will depend on the third party installation being launched. Might it be sufficient, at least for redistributables like .NET which offer few if any install-time configuration options, to conditionally launch them silently when your install is running in silent (playback) mode?
0 Kudos
Octron66x
Level 3

Thanx for the quick answer.

My problem is not to launch the .NET Framwork installation in silent mode. My problem is to get a recording file ([FONT="Courier New"]setup.iss[/FONT]), which contains the user interaction that was made during a "normal" installation. This ONE file shall contain all interactions of my own setup.exe AND of the dotnetfx3.exe (that will be called from setup.exe).

May be it could be possible to record a dotnetfx3.iss (or an other recording format) which is used for calling dotnetfx3.exe in silent mode, if setup.exe is called in silent mode (using: MODE == SILENTMODE) ??!! If this works, all user interaction data could be storred!?
0 Kudos