- Revenera Community
- InstallShield Forum
- Re: How to prevent dynamically linked files from being overwritten
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
How to prevent dynamically linked files from being overwritten
I have an upgrader msi project, here's the situation -
1. I have installed my product with fresh installer MSI which has dynamically linked files.
2. In that dynamically linked file there's a config file which I have changed accordingly
3. For next build I run the upgrader MSI and it overwrites the config file which I have changed.
So is there any option, where I should be able to set Not to overwrite such files, which are dynamically linked.
Use exclude file pattern (*.config) in dynamic file settings.
@Thananjeyan_M That's a great suggestion, but in my product we have older versions as well, where those files doesn't exist, in that case upgrader msi needs to place that file, I can't really exclude that.
I want installer to leave that file if it's already there.