cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikeneedhelp
Level 3

How to install files to desired windows folders based on allusers / current user

My app needs to allow install for ALLUSERS or CURRENT USER based on user preference. The installer allows them to chose, and the registry settings go to the appropriate tree. My question is, how do I get the program files and data files to go to the appropriate locations (per Win7 / Vista design). Is there anyway to have the files install based on ALLUSERS / CURRENT USER selection the way the registry does? Right now, the files are installing to both locations, since I have the files defined for both type installs - installs files to ALLUSER and CURRENT USER folders - but he app runs from the appropriate location based on install preference. Obvious desire is to only install the files to the desired location, not install to both. (InstallShield 2012 Professional.)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mikeneedhelp
Level 3

Create new components that contain files and install path info with condition for install for ALLUSERS="" and ALLUSERS=1. (Same for registry settings that contain path setting based on ALLUSER or CURRENT USER install location.)
0 Kudos