cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishout
Level 3

How to hide the prerequisites dialog

I have problem with prerequisite,I want to hide the prerequisite window, can you please help me in this..?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

0 Kudos
fishout
Level 3

my setup is "InstallScript Project",it is not "Basic MSI" or "InstallScript MSI ",how I do?
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=184022&page=3
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

How are you launching your prerequisite installation? What type of installation is it? Was it created with InstallShield, and if so, what project type was used?

If you're using the InstallScript function LaunchApplication, for example, you could try passing through the szCmdLine parameter whatever silent command-line parameter is supported by the prerequisite.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

fishout wrote:
my setup is "InstallScript Project",it is not "Basic MSI" or "InstallScript MSI ",how I do?
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?t=184022&page=3

I did not know that pure InstallScript installations have a prerequisite installer. I have always handled 3rd party installations manually within my pure InstallScript setups using LaunchAppAndWait as there isn't a real need for a prerequisite installer for InstallScript setups.

If what you are asking is how to run your prerequisite silently, that depends on the prerequisite you are installing. Like Debbie stated you can pass in command line parameters to LaunchAppAndWait if the prerequisite supports silent installations.

What prerequisite are you trying to install?
0 Kudos
fishout
Level 3

Perhaps I misunderstood, or incorrectly described, I mean, in a script based on the pure installScript, the interface appears in the welcome dialog box before that, how to hide out?
0 Kudos
fishout
Level 3

Some people know how to solve it?
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I do not understand what you want. Can you post a screenshot of the dialog you want to hide? Is it the dialog that comes up before the welcome screen, the one when the setup is extracting files?
0 Kudos
fishout
Level 3

I want to hide this dialog,It appears in the welcome dialog box before.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I don't think there is a way to hide that one. However, I think you can minimize its appearance.

In the release view, under Setup.exe, there is an option for a small initialization dialog. Change this to yes. You still see a dialog but it does not take up as much screen real estate.
0 Kudos