cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
esrar322
Level 3

How to create an upgrade table in my IS2008 Basic Msi project

Hello all,

I have a Basic MSI project and using IS2008.

When I open up the .msi package with Ocra to view the Upgrade Table, I don't see one. I need to have an Upgrade Table in the Table tree to pass the Vista Cert (Test Case 18). The Upgrade Table needs to have Upgrade Code and Product Version (Max and Min) information. In the Upgrades view of the IS2008 IDE, I see the Upgrade Code, but no Upgrade Table in the table tree.

This project has been converted from an IS 11 project. When I open up the .msi file created with IS11, I see the Upgrade Table (but it is empty).

Not sure why the Upgrade Table is not there.

Any help on this would be really appreciated. Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
klacounte
Level 6

Select Media -> Upgrades, then right-click on "Upgrade Windows Installer Setup" to add new upgrades.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Just to add a little more explanation to klacounte's correct suggestion, we've been dropping empty tables since IS12. Since your project lacks any major upgrades, the Upgrade table is one of those empty tables. If you're working with your project file, adding the proper major upgrade item should resolve this (for reference, see the one that gets created in a new basic MSI project, and the help topics on preventing downgrades). If for some reason you need to just operate on the MSI that you've already built, ORCA should allow you to add the table, and you can go from there.
0 Kudos
esrar322
Level 3

Thanks Michael and Klacounte for your help.

I initially added an automatic upgrade item and then converted that to a Major Upgrade item and that seemed to do the trick. I now have an Upgrade Table in the Table Tree with values in the appropriate fields.

Thanks guys.
0 Kudos