cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenLeeM
Level 2

How to create a merge module project with InstallShield Limited Edition in VS 2012?

I have a merge module project that was created in VS 2008. I used the "Visual Studio Deployment Project Import Wizard" build in converter in VS 2012 to convert this merge module project (.vdproj) to an InstallShield project. But the InstallShield only generates a .msi file rather than .msm.

How can I add my old merge module file into the VS 2012 InstallShield build? Or add the converted InstallShield project into my current VS 2012 InstallShield build?

Any hints would be appreciated...thanks
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

InstallShield Limited Edition includes the Redistributables View that lets you add merge modules (.msm files) into your project. However, it does not include support for creating merge modules. You might want to consider upgrading to the Professional or Premier edition that offers the capability.
0 Kudos
JenLeeM
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. Are the merge modules (.msm files) you mentioned that can be added into the project via Redistributables View in the limited edition referring to those predefined merge modules from InstallShield?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you would like to add a merge module that is not listed in the Redistributables view, you can browse and add it to your project in the view. Please see the Browsing for Merge Module help topic for more informaiton.
0 Kudos