cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
pierdkk
Level 2

How to add data to the setup file?

I'm trying to create my first setup file for my WPF application so my questions might be very basic....

I tried to make several setup files with different settings but none of them had the data after installiation at my other pc. All the fields at the GUI which should fill with data is empty(for example comboboxes and datagrid)!!! So how should I add my database to my project so that setup file include all the datas in the database?

At VS2010, I added my database and I can see it under "Server Explorer". When I run it, everything works fine and all the data comes from database at my pc! To able to install it at the client side and work, should I:

1-Instead of adding the database like I wrote above, should I add the database as a "file" into the project?

2-Should I use serialization and serialize all the data in my tables at the database with binary serialization? {If I use this, then I need to change lots of things at the code and I really don't want to do this}

3-Does the client needs to installed SQL to their pc(Of course, I don't want client to install SQL)?

Maybe very basic but this is my first application....

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
pierdkk
Level 2

2 days passed and no answer ๐Ÿ˜ž

What I'm doing now is :

Serializing to binary files all my tables and saving into different files (.dat extension). When client opens the application, I just deserialize and open these files.

Is it the right way to do because I'm worrying about the speed (serialize-deserialize thingy)?
0 Kudos