cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy2009
Level 3

How to add a uninstall Icon to the Programlist?

Hi,

i have to add a uninstall Icon to the Users Programlist. Is it possible? How can i uninstall my application other as over the "add/remove Program" dialog from windows ?

thanks a lot !!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Please look up "uninstallation shortcut" in the InstallShield help index.
0 Kudos
Tommy2009
Level 3

ok... hmm that doesnt solve my problem 😞

i want a shotcut like "Start/Programs/MyApp/Uninstall MyApp"

So i have to create a shortcut in install shield 2009 under:

Organisation/Setup Design/MyFeature/Links/ ??

I have to create a script? Is there a easy solution?

I' m realy sorry... but IS2009 is completly new for me... please help a IS2009 noob with detailed Answers.. it's Friday 😉

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

What kind of project are you using? (The InstallShield caption bar will say, when your project is open.)
0 Kudos
Tommy2009
Level 3

it's a Installscript + MSI Project.

I found out, that i can create a uninstall shortcut with the project wizard... hmm but he doesn't clean up the entry in "add/remove software"... maybe i have to delete some registry keys too ?

Thanks, Tommy

[UPDATE]
the wizard adds some code to my script too:

function OnUninstall()
begin

Hmm is that a sign? Should i write some code into that methode to remove the entry in "add/ remove Software" ??

Please Help. Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

As an alternative, does the technique on the page "Creating Uninstallation Shortcuts for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects" work for you?
0 Kudos
Tommy2009
Level 3

ok I found a solution that works for me...

create a Shortcut and set:

The Icon:
C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\OS Independent\uninstall.ico

The Target:
[ProgramFilesFolder]/InstallShield Installation Information/{41208723-249C-4CB8-A3A2-2B30E4BA0867}/setup.exe

({41208723-249C-4CB8-A3A2-2B30E4BA0867} is your Productcode)

The Arguments:
-runfromtemp -l0x0407 -removeonly

And now the the Application uninstall like over add/ remove Software

:o)
0 Kudos
Tommy2009
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
As an alternative, does the technique on the page "Creating Uninstallation Shortcuts for InstallScript and InstallScript MSI Projects" work for you?

The problem.. I have to use a german version of IS2009... and the helppages are german too 😉 Is there english help pages online?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, please see http://helpnet.acresso.com.
0 Kudos
Tommy2009
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
Yes, please see http://helpnet.acresso.com.

The Helppages are very usefull to understand how to create thate shortcut.. but.. the directory;
"[CommonFilesFolder]InstallShield\Driver..."

does not exist on my computer.. on my laptop there is the folder.. strange.

Maybe the help pages are to old? IS2009 is version 15 SP2 and the help pages are 11.5.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

HelpNet should have the current help as well; at this end, I see a big link for InstallShield 2009 on the HelpNet home page, as well as a listing in the menu on the left.
0 Kudos