cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kiranpatil88
Level 3

How to access value data of Registry directly by skipping just upper level node

How to access value data of Registry directly by skipping just upper level node. e. g HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{Keycode}... i want to skip keycode and access Value data from Uninstall node . Value data is data of Value name under Keycode. Could anyone please help me in this?? what is the function and how to access it . and whether there is possible to get all Values of Value data in String List??
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
phill_mn
Level 7

>> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{Keycode}

"{Keycode}" (or rather the GUID assigned to the ProductCode of the product referenced is part of the path to the value that you are trying to read, so it is not possible to access those values without knowing the full path.

Once you know the full path to a key, then you can use RegDBQueryKey to get a list of either the subkeys or the named values for that key. So you could do this at the Uninstall level and then again on each subkey to then locate the value names that you are interested in.
http://kb.flexerasoftware.com/doc/Helpnet/installshield15langref/LangrefRegDBQueryKey_example.htm
0 Kudos
Kiranpatil88
Level 3

Thanks.. and one more query in the same.. How to find out product by Display name value by skipping Uninstall\Productcode.. if same product with different product code is installed on target system then how could we find out that specific product is exist on system with greater than(>) Display Version (particular version number).
how should we get display name and display version value of any product by "uninstall" key level only..i.e HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall .....not from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{ProductCode}
0 Kudos