cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MayankThapak
Level 3

How to Restore Ms Sql Server Database backup via Install Shield?

I have created one project of type ""InstallScipt MSI Project"". With this project I wanna check following things :

Step : 1 -- >> Check SQL Server 2005 Express edition

Step : 1 -- >> In addition to this I want to upload Databases specific to my application on the Database Server.

Please assist me How can i achieve Step : 2 ?

Rgds
Mayank
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
cbragg
Level 7

You will need to run a SQL script I believe. If you have different databases then just add a different script to its own component and then use conditions on the components to decide which one to use.
0 Kudos
MayankThapak
Level 3

cbragg wrote:
You will need to run a SQL script I believe. If you have different databases then just add a different script to its own component and then use conditions on the components to decide which one to use.

Actually I want to Install my Database via Backup File instead of SQL Script by this way i can up my Database with Schema as well as DAta.

Please Suggest..

Thanks
0 Kudos
cbragg
Level 7

I'm afraid i'm not a big enough DBA head for that answer then but you want to start looking at command-line tools you can use as a CA. Be careful how you stand on licensing though if you're going to distribute it.
0 Kudos
MayankThapak
Level 3

cbragg wrote:
I'm afraid i'm not a big enough DBA head for that answer then but you want to start looking at command-line tools you can use as a CA. Be careful how you stand on licensing though if you're going to distribute it.

Okay .. Then What would be the way to upload the Database on the Database Server .

Please tell me the way .

Thanks.
0 Kudos