cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

How to Indicate Default Button in Suite?

In a Suite project... how do I provide an indication in a button to indicate that it is the one that is the default (gets executed when user presses ENTER)?
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DLee65
Level 13

I have not done this myself, but I think it is possible to create a new control theme and set the Defaulted attributes.

I just tested this, and it works.
Just make sure the BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON is set for your button and you assign the control theme to the button control. Note that the button turns to a horrible flat look and I am not certain how to get beyond that. 😞 But my button is clearly the default button.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks Dan. I see what you are talking about regarding Control Themes, but I don't see where to set BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON. Is that in the Theme or somewhere with the button? I would like to be able to set that for existing buttons without setting up a new theme. Is that possible? Thanks again.
0 Kudos
DLee65
Level 13

I do not see a way to alter the behavior of the existing theme. It might be possible but someone like Michael or Debbie would better answer that question.

So in the Wizard Interface view, click on Control Themes.

• Press INS on keyboard to create a new theme
  • Change the properties of 'Defaulted', for instance in my test I changed the border color to red.
  • Assign the property to any user created button.

While reviewing this again, I see that I cannot modify the state of the system buttons, Next, Back, Install, etc.
I am looking through the ISProjSuiteTpl.issuite to see if there is anything there you can modify, but nothing obvious stands out.
0 Kudos