cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy_Days
Level 7

How to Display installed setups with progress bar?

Ok, I rephrased my original requirement:

I have 10 child setup's which are launched using LaunchAppAndWait function and the progress bar in STATUS dialog is getting updated perfectly. No issues here. My REAL problem is:

I need to show users the child setup's which got installed. For ex. if my 5th setup is installing, then I want to display 4 setups which are just installed. Once 5th setup is completed, it should appear in the completed list on the same dialog.

I am not sure how to do that in STATUS dialog or is there any better way of doing it? I remember VS 2005 setup doing this but not sure how we do in InstallShield? Any hints/answers ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
Happy_Days
Level 7

Ding dong...anybody here? :eek:
0 Kudos
Happy_Days
Level 7

Hello "Gurus" ??? Any clue here?
0 Kudos
Happy_Days
Level 7

Forget about this question, I did it using Windows API. Thanks to all who even thought to replying.

I hope Macrovision will share some "secrets" on its dialog and not keep it to themselves just for the sake of people buying its support plan first. I hate this money strategy and on tech forums, only Technology shud rule...and not money.
0 Kudos
deramor
Level 6

Hello I am new to all this stuff but it seems to me that if you would like to do this, after each installation has completed you can add an item to a list and display that list on your status window.

However, as to how to do this...beats me
0 Kudos
rashmi_malik
Level 3

Hi

Can you please share which windows AP you used to accomplish list of softwares on progressbar?
0 Kudos
gayathrim
Level 4

I hope u already got the solution..anyways my idea for this..if its an installscript msi project u can achieve this by using custom dialog and updating the values dynamically from ur script
0 Kudos
Kelter
Level 10

I love it when people are pushy and demanding in a forum and it gets someone's attention...18 months later! Shows where rudeness gets you.

Also, InstallShield's features are all documented, and pretty well as far as I'm concerned. Since IS mainly provides a rich interface into Microsoft's MSI technology, most of the answers that aren't in IS documentation are in MS's documentation. For instance: this little tidbit about ActionData.

The ActionData control event is used to update text controls which subscribe to "ActionData" with data associated with the current action. I haven't played with it much, so I'm not sure if it'll do everything that you want it to...look up subscriptions... or maybe this is what you're after.

If it took a custom dialog to implement that kind of behavior due to some limitations of MSI dialogs (and I don't know that for sure), then that would clearly fall outside the scope of the product (InstallShield) itself. A SW company doesn't have to tell you how it implemented it's own product.

The forums are maintained by the users. There is no obligation for IS people to answer your questions here, and those who do answer your questions are taking time out of their work day to do so. If nobody who knows the solution to your problem happens to look at your post, then you just won't get any responses. Don't take it personally.
0 Kudos