cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moinkhan
Level 5

How to Change Product/Package GUID from command-line build?

Hi,
I am using Basic MSI package, and I am trying to change Product GUID, Package GUID and the version number of my application during the package creation from a Command-Line build tool "ISSaBLD.exe", this is to acheive the full upgrade of the installation everytime we create the package. Is there anyway to make it work thru script?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Moin
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
moinkhan
Level 5

Is there any solution or any tip to accomplish this task?
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

I would recommend to use the (Standalone) Automation Interface of InstallShield. For more info take a look in the installshield help library.

-Nick
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Note also the -z parameter, new to IS2008, which allows you to override properties from the command line. Both ProductVersion and ProductCode are properties, and the package code is generally set to be generated fresh each build (check your releases view > product configuration to be sure).
0 Kudos
moinkhan
Level 5

MichaelU wrote:
Note also the -z parameter, new to IS2008, which allows you to override properties from the command line. Both ProductVersion and ProductCode are properties, and the package code is generally set to be generated fresh each build (check your releases view > product configuration to be sure).

Nice, I can try that, is there any functionality in within IS2008 to generate GUID from a cmdline?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I believe one is exposed in the automation layer, but once you're using code, there are many ways to approach this. There's also a command line program called uuidgen which you may be able to use, but note that at least the version I have does not output upper-case letters.
0 Kudos