cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krhome
Level 2

How install SQL server 2008 with my project

Hi
I would like to install SQL server 2008 with my project, but I've not fond where to select it. I found where to add the good framework but concerning SQL server there's nothing.
Where must I select it?
Thanks for your help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

The Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 setup prerequiste is available in the Redistributables section. You need to simply mark the check box to include it in your setup.

Hope that helps.
0 Kudos
Zdenek_Krcal
Level 2

Hi,
I have same problem. I would like to install SQL server express with my project.
I don’t need to install SQL server every time, because user can select new SQL server or select another in network.
I tried to install SQL server during installation my product – I run installation with some parameters, but it don’t happen well (msiexec cannot run more then one).
Can I set the condition to prerequisite? And install it after finish my installation?

How can resolve problem with installation .NET, Windows Installer?
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

If you want to install the Microsoft SQL Server Express based on end user's inputs, you may want to consider using the feature prerequisite. Please see the Associating an InstallShield Prerequisite with a Feature in a Basic MSI Project help topic for more information.
0 Kudos
Zdenek_Krcal
Level 2

Hi,
Thank you for help, but this solution is for MSM packages, don’t for EXE.
I resulted it that I run installation SQL server in custom action in part: “Install UI sequence: After setupProcess”.

sParam = "INSTANCENAME=MYSQL SECURITYMODE=SQL ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine SAPWD=Password SQLAUTOSTART=1 DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0";

if (LaunchAppAndWait(sExe, sParam, WAIT) < 0) then
MessageBox( "Instalation SQL server error", SEVERE );
return FALSE;
endif;
0 Kudos