cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeAtSoftware
Level 4

How do I move a licensed copy of Installshield to a new machine?

I own a purchased, registered, working copy of Installshield 2008 Professional, with a valid serial number.

I need to migrate Installshield to a different machine, but The Acresso licensing system prevents that.

When I install and then use the software on the new machine, and then attempt to register the serial number I paid for (!), the registration systems tell me the serial number has already been registered, which of course it has: by me. But, the activation/registration system then prevents me from progressing any further, and I’m stuck with a trial version on the new machine.

That is a very unhelpful feature for customers. I’ve always been taught that treating honest customers as if they were dishonest will drive them away.

Neither the software nor the support site contain any instructions for what I need to do. So, how do I migrate a purchase copy of Installshiled 2008 Professional to a new machine?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
esiemiat
Level 9

If you can, uninstall the software from the other system. That should free up your license. If you can't, call support @ 847-413-2896 and choose the licensing help option. Not sure of the hours though.
0 Kudos