cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oddys4
Level 3

How do I get user-selected language?

Hi,
I'm building a multi-lingual installer with the dialog shown to select the language.
My installation requires an XML file be changed based on the language the user selected.
How may I retrieve the user selection?
I know that for installations without such dialog I can just retrieve systeminfo but in this case the system info locale might be different than what the user selected.

Help much appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

oddys4 wrote:
Hi,
I'm building a multi-lingual installer with the dialog shown to select the language.
My installation requires an XML file be changed based on the language the user selected.
How may I retrieve the user selection?
I know that for installations without such dialog I can just retrieve systeminfo but in this case the system info locale might be different than what the user selected.

Help much appreciated.

use MSIGetProperty() to get the value of "Language" or pehaps it is "languages". This internal var contains currrent value.

HTH
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

Gvarma wrote:
use MSIGetProperty() to get the value of "Language" or pehaps it is "languages". This internal var contains currrent value.

HTH

It is actually called SELECTED_LANGUAGE, which contains a hex value that can be corresponded to actual string.

HTH
0 Kudos