cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klehman2
Level 2

How do I disable uninstaller?

I have an installer that is a very basic installer, it basically just extracts a handfull of files into a directory and I would like to make it so that there is no uninstaller created. I have turned off everything that I can find that refers to the uninstallation process but upon installation of the created project I am still getting a _uninst folder and the files assembly.dat, uninstall.dat and run.inf are being created. Is it possible to create an installer that does not create an uninstaller? If so where in the gui are these options located?

I am using ISMP 11.5

Thanks for your help/ideas
-Ken
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Alas, I'm not aware of a built-in way to disable the uninstaller; searching the various Universal/MultiPlatform forums for "disable uninstaller" will show some techniques others have used with various degrees of success...
0 Kudos
armando
Level 2

look under General Information -> Product Uninstaller...uncheck it for you platform and it won't create the _uninst folder
0 Kudos
Bohdan
Level 3

Hi all,

Is there some way to prevent the creation of the uninstaller via custom code (NOT IN IS IDE)? I need to prevent the creation of the uninstaller depending on some condition. So, in IDE I set the Active property of the Uninstaller Launcher in "true" and in code I need to change it to "false". I'm trying to use the following code in "onBeginInstall" method:

public void onBeginInstall(com.installshield.event.wizard.WizardContext context) {
try {
ProductService productService = (ProductService) context.getService(ProductService.NAME);
ProductTree productTree = productService.getSoftwareObjectTree(ProductService.DEFAULT_PRODUCT_SOURCE);
productTree.getUninstallerLauncher().setActive(false);
} catch (Exception e) {
context.logEvent(this, Log.ERROR, e);
}
}

When I set the Uninstaller Launcher Active property in "false" value using IDE, it works great. But when I set it to "true" in IDE and then try to override it in code it doesn't work. Please explaine me whether my code is the correct way to set the Uninstaller Launcher property. Or maybe there is some other way to change this property using IS API.

Thanks in advance!
Bohdan

PS: I'm using ISMP 11.5
0 Kudos