cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manisha81
Level 5

How can i migrate my WISE 7.0 Project to InstallShield.

Hi All,

I had a bunch of queries regarding migration of WISE 7.0 Project (Wise a product from Altiris) to InstallShield project.

Question1: Is it Possible to convert the WISE 7 project into InstallShield 2009 or any other version of InstallShield?

Question2: If it is possible, how should i do this. Actually my WISE project contains the Merge modules and the installer file (.WSM for MergeModule and .WSI for Installer file). As per my understanding i opened merge module in the installshield 2009 IDE. Although it opens up in InstallShield but in "Direct Edit Mode" . Therefore i am not able to compile it. The same story goes with the installer file. It also opens up in the "Direct Edit Mode".

So i cannot compile any module. Kindly, Show me the way how to migrate the WISE project to InstallShield and to successfully compile th complete project.

Thankyou
- Manisha
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
manisha81
Level 5

Hi Robert, Mike

Please suggest solution for these issues.

- Manisha
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

When you are opening the file in InstallShield, the Open dialog box is displayed. It has an Open As drop-down list. The default value is Auto. Can you try selecting the other option--Wizard--and see if that works?
0 Kudos
manisha81
Level 5

Hi DebbieL,

If i try to open the Merge Module or Project file of WISE in installshield 2009, in the open dialog box i cannot open the by selecting any type of "Open As" drop-down list. Weather it is Auto or Wizard, any option of File type does not recognise WISE files.

I have simply copied the name of WISE project file in the "File Name" box of the "Open As" dialog box and then my WISE file got openend in the "Direct Edit Mode".

Please tell me how to get ork around for this. Is it possible to migrate filed from WISE to InstallShield or not. IF it is possible, then please tell me the way ASAP.

Thankyou very much
- Manisha

It has an Open As drop-down list. The default value is Auto. Can you try selecting the other option--Wizard--and see if that works?
0 Kudos
manisha81
Level 5

Hi Robert and all experts,

Please throw some light over this issue. Its solution iss very much required and urgent.

thanks,
- Manisha
0 Kudos