cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatramu_c
Level 4

How Repair will work?

Hi
I am new to installer. First i installed my application using InstallShield, after then Repair that one how it is works . please Help me.
what is the difference between Repair and Modify?
Regards
Swamy.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

Repair will re-copy those files only which are required by the features those are installed. It will not copy the files of those features which are not installed.

However modify will give you an option to change the feature selection. The modify window will appear with all the features available, installed were selected and not installed were un selected. Here if you select any feature that feature will install, and if you deselect any feature, then that feature will remove by the setup.
0 Kudos
g_noyer
Level 4

Repair: Manual repair will check that you have not missing file or downgraded file on the computer.
The repair is used to repair actions made by a user who delete a file, or by a third party installer that downgrade a shared file.
Please note that MSI have an automatic repair that checks that there are not missing files when you launch the application from an advertised shortcut.
Modify: You can add/remove some features to be installed or not. This allows you to install only some part of the software.
0 Kudos
venkatramu_c
Level 4

Hi Friends
I installed my application with Feature1 and Feature3 but i am not selected Feature2 . by using same exe i run once it showing Remove or Repair I select Repair it repairing the application but it is installed all Features. i want repair only Feature1 and feature3 only.
Please help me.
Regards
swamy.
0 Kudos
ChandanOmkar
Level 8

What is the project type you are using?
0 Kudos
venkatramu_c
Level 4

Web Project and Custom Dialogs.
0 Kudos
venkatramu_c
Level 4

i am using Web Project.
0 Kudos
enGenius
Level 4

I have the same issue. My project type is InstallScript.
0 Kudos