cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annetteqa
Level 4

Help!!

So I am very new to InstallShield - and have created a huge problem on my system!

I upgraded an install used by a former employee from v12 to 2009 Professional. Got it to build without any errors - and ran it on my system. It looked like it ran correctly - all of the files were installed correctly - but when I tried to uninstall from the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs the uininstall would run very quickly - but nothing would be removed. So I tried to reinstall - but I got the message that there was already a copy installed. I worked on the installer a bit more and ran a registry cleaner on my system. The program still shows in my Add/Remove programs window - when I try to uninstall from there I get an error 1158 with no wording. If I try to run the install on it's own - it tells me it is already installed and gives me a GUID. When I search the registry that GUID doesn't exist.

Any idea how to get out of this mess? Apparently there is still something in my registry left behind from the first installer - but I can't find it!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TheTraveler
Level 8

It sounds like the product GUID changed when you upgraded from version 12 to 2009. I would first check product GUID in both projects to confirm this.
0 Kudos