cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschertzer
Level 3

Help with command line parameters

Hello,

I just can't seem to get the command line parameters working when trying to run my install package from the command line. Bascially, I want to run my install shield 2008 package, sending in a parameter for the version. In the past, I used to set a Path Variable to the version number, this is then used to determine where to get all my files. How can install shield receive a parameter and set a path variable with it?

Thanks in advance for all your help
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Could you post a specific example of what you're trying to do? Are you changing a source path variable at build time (from a command-line build), or changing an installation path at run time?
0 Kudos
Gvarma
Level 7

jschertzer wrote:
Hello,

I just can't seem to get the command line parameters working when trying to run my install package from the command line. Bascially, I want to run my install shield 2008 package, sending in a parameter for the version. In the past, I used to set a Path Variable to the version number, this is then used to determine where to get all my files. How can install shield receive a parameter and set a path variable with it?

Thanks in advance for all your help

One way to send parameter to setup.exe is go to your release location, click setup.exe tab and in MSI command line argument you can specify your command line argument which can be used at run time.

e.g for /L*v C:\Install.log this will tell setup.exe to create a install.log file in verbose mode during run time. if you have compiled installed then you can also specify command line argument manually in setup.exe

e.g [Startup]
CmdLine=/L*v C:\Install.log

HTH
0 Kudos