cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hjien88
Level 2

Help:remain one file undeleted after major upgrade

Hi,

I am using Basic MSI project to create an installer.
I understand that whole old files & folders will be deleted after major upgrade before new files & folders install in it.
I need to use major upgrade as I need to remove all files except the xml file.
I would like to remain a xml file permanently during major upgrade.
I don't wan't old xml file overwritten by new xml file.
I have tried to create a new component for the specified xml file, set "Permanent" to Yes and "Never Overwrite" to Yes.
However, I found that old xml file is still deleted and replaced with another new xml file.
Is there any solution for this? I really appreaciate your help here.
Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ChetanRajakumar
Level 2

Hi ,

I am also facing the similar problem.
Please, let me know if you have solved this issue or any workaround for this.

This is what my issue is :
I am using InstallShield-2009 for packaging MyProduct.

I have a Helper Project written in C#, in this project i am adding 'MS.Office.Interop.Word.DLL’ as reference.
Now while packing to create .msi file of MyProduct, i am adding Helper DLL as a one of the components and i am not adding this dependency DLL 'MS.Office.Interop.Word.DLL’ as separate component.

During Fresh Install of MyProduct i am getting 'MS.Office.Interop.Word.DLL’ which is a dependency DLL added to MyTargetDir folder automatically, but when i Upgrade from previous version to present version of MyProduct the dependency DLL is not adding to MyTargetDir folder.

Please help me in solving the above issue. Am i missing something in component property or else where so that the Dependency Dll is automatically added to TargetDir folder on upgrade of MyProduct.

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos