cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Synergi
Level 2

Help needed for x86/x64 Installer

So hi guys,

I'm really confused now and don't know a way to achieve my goal. I want our Installer to be able to run on both Systems x86 and x64. He has to determine which merge packets and dll's and on he should install.

So our Problem is, we have a current INSTALLSCRIPT Project in InstallShield 12. This one is only x86 and works fine. But now we want to support x64 DLL and MERGE Modules. And here is the Problem. How can i change our current Project so that we can bind in x86 and x64 Merge Modules??? I have read many things about dll and other files how u can determine how on which architecture u are running. In the component there aere some settings like that if i remember well but ok.

But our main Problem is to get the 3rd party merge modules in it. We have x86 merge packets and in addition x64 merge packets. and how can we add them both in our INSTALLSCRIPT Project and compile it ???

PLS HELP.

nice regards

Synergi
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Synergi
Level 2

Really no answer??? Isn't there a possible way or what? I'm actually building a WIX Setup around our actual Setup because this is the fastest way to achieve my goal. But sr really that can't be the real solution. Even WIX can merge x64/x86 modules together in one Installer and make then a decision to choose which package and this Software is Freeware and OpenSource.

That can't it be for a Software to pay for and then can't do the same things as a free version. Sr but that is really sad.
0 Kudos