cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hnichole
Level 3

Help for a Knowledge base article?

The article is Q108690: INFO: Consuming A Merge Module Created Cith Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Or 2005. The symptoms match my problem exactly. I have 3 merge modules I was given to include. When they install, I get a error 1001.

The article says in part:
Error 1001.InstallUtilLib.dll: Unknown error in CorBindToRuntimeHost (0x80131700).
This error occurs because some additional steps must be taken to configure the project to support this type of Merge Module. Follow these steps to ensure a successful installation:

Select the Direct Editor view.
Select the InstallShield table in the center column.
Create a new row in this table.
In the Property column, enter the value: _ISSupportedRuntimes.
In the Value column, enter a semicolon-delimited list of versions. Example: 1.1.4322;1.0.3705 or 2.0.50727
In Windows Explorer, create a blank file named "_isconfig.xml". See _isconfig.xml file for an example.
Select the Support Files/Billboards view.
Insert this "_isconfig.xml" file in the Language Independent section of this view.
Select the Custom Actions view.

My question is: What are these versions? Some versions of Installer? I am installing only on Vista so my installer version would be 4.0. If these are versions of some other software, do I have to install that as well?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Those appear to be .NET version numbers; you can see them (for example) as subfolders of C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework (with "v" prepended to the version number).
0 Kudos