cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NealC804
Level 8

Handling a sale of 1,000 licenses?

I have a company in negotiations now to purchase 1,000 units of my software. How would I provide them 1,000 activations? In what method are the serial numbers retrieved and how would I get a quantity as in this case, or one serial number with 1,000 activations allowed?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
BrianV
Level 3

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in InstallShield's new Activation Service. I will be more than happy to discuss the product features and how to implement. Please reply with the best way/time to discuss. It should take just a few minutes to answer your questions.

Regards,
Brian Vile
bvile@macrovision.com
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

Thanks Bob C! Looks like your folks are watching this forum now! Finally!
0 Kudos
NealC804
Level 8

BrianV wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the interest in InstallShield's new Activation Service. I will be more than happy to discuss the product features and how to implement. Please reply with the best way/time to discuss. It should take just a few minutes to answer your questions.

Regards,
Brian Vile
bvile@macrovision.com

Hi Brian,

Thank you for arriving. Feel free to reply to my question at the top of this thread.
0 Kudos
BrianV
Level 3

It is very easy to change the default number of activations for a serial number. The following steps will show this off and example of selling a 1,000 activations on one serial number (i.e. Serial number "123"). This assumes that you have entered serial number '123' into the serial number pool. If you have questions on this, please let us know.

(1) Log into the Activation Service (http://activationservice.installshield.com)
(2) Select the in the licensing tab
(3) Select serial numbers
(4) Search for the specific serial number "123".
(5) Select the serial number "123"
(6) Select Edit
(7) Modify the maximum number of activations allowed to 1,000
(8) Select save

This will allow your customer using serial number "123" to activate 1,000 times.

As your customer activates their product, you will be able to see reports in real-time.

Let me know if this helped answer your question.

Regards,
Brian
0 Kudos