cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpa109
Level 5

HTML Controls Not Displaying - InstallScript

As part of the installation process, our installer will check the permissions on certain folders, and will prompt the user to apply those permissions where necessary. We created a dialog to show the user the permission information, and their options for applying the permissions. We create a table with this information, the table is HTML text, and the table is displayed in an HTML control.

The problem is that when this dialog gets displayed, the HTML control is "hidden" or something, as it is not visible. I can mouse over and do a click and drag, and the text will get highlighted, and if I highlight all of the text, the table will eventually display correctly (see attached image). I do notice that the table does appear to display for a split second before becoming hidden.

We have also modified the "Finish" dialog to have a clickable URL on it (no example attached, sorry), also contained in an HTML control. This also is "hidden", but selectable as well. Funny thing is that if both dialogs are displayed in the installation, and I select the text in the table for the permissions dialog until it all shows properly, the URL in the "Finish" dialog shows properly by default.

Any thoughts on how to get this HTML control to always display properly?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
mpa109
Level 5

Appears to be a problem using a skin (either my custom skin, or one of the out-of-the-box skins from InstallShield - specifically got the same results with the Slate skin). When I change to not use a skin, the HTML controls show properly.

Any thoughts? Do I need to modify the skin configuration somehow? Is there some kind of "refresh" on the dialog I could do? Maybe an environmental issue that I'm overlooking?
0 Kudos
mpa109
Level 5

Been over a month and no responses.

Anyone from Flexera/InstallShield have any thoughts? Any skins gurus out there with a suggestion?
0 Kudos
mpa109
Level 5

For what it's worth, I found a workaround for anyone else seeing this issue. If I add:

SendMessage(hwndDlg, WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_RESTORE, 0);

in the DLG_INIT switch case, it appears to force a refresh of the dialog, and the controls show properly.