cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidRP
Level 3

HP update install vpd error

I'm consistently getting the following error on HP on a update install (update/repair not upgrade) that seems to indicate it can't find the vpd entry. I've checked the vpd and the entry is there. Uninstall works fine. I've uninstalled and made sure the directories were empty before trying again, but no luck. Also, this works fine on all the other platforms. I can't see a way around this. Is this a bug - and is there a bug fix list somewhere to compare? Many thanks.

com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer, err, ServiceException: (error code = 315; message = "Object to update not found in VPD: uid = 75fe3822036a7c48e4d2903bf1444de5 : version = 1.0 : instance = 1"; severity = 0)
STACK_TRACE: 21
ServiceException: (error code = 315; message = "Object to update not found in VPD: uid = 75fe3822036a7c48e4d2903bf1444de5 : version = 1.0 : instance = 1"; severity = 0)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.hpux.service.registry.HpuxRegistryServiceImpl.updateSoftwareObjectKeyVersion(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.hpux.service.registry.HpuxISVPDRegistryServiceImpl.updateSoftwareObjectKeyVersion(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.PureJavaRegistryServiceImpl.updateSoftwareObject(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.registry.GenericRegistryService.updateSoftwareObject(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.addToVPD(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.checkInstalledVersion(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitSoftwareObject(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBean(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
DavidRP
Level 3

Ok, so I should have found this right away. But apparently, the HP Software Distributor by default doesn't allow mulitple copies of the same software object version and thus the error I saw. De-coupling from HP native SD got rid of the error -- though I would rather keep in sync with SD.
0 Kudos
senthil_vpc
Level 4

Hi ,
I am running into "Null" error during unistallation in HP box. I also get 10:45:56|root|ISMP|HpuxRegistryServiceImpl.c|514|No installed parent for software object: 00def3bac983c2f1ce0eca7dfa5d4955......1.
"; severity = 0)
error during installation.

I saw your posting.you said, you have decoupled HP SD from Installsheild VPD.

Could you tell me how did you do that?. I want to try the same thing to see
if it solves the problem.

Thanks
Senthil
0 Kudos
gkumar
Level 3

You will find this under Media->Releases->Product Build Configuration->Platform Support->HP-UX platform Support
0 Kudos