cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stiggy8
Level 4

HELP - not Getting Correct Property Values

USING BASIC MSI...

I'm updating the INSTALLDIR path using System Search on a registry value.

I'm also trying to update a second Property based on another registry entry. I update this property in an Immediate Execution - Installshield Script. And I use MsiSetProperty to update that Property value with the slightly adjusted value.

This Property (like INSTALLDIR) defines another base path that is a Directory Identifier for installing files for my application.

My issue is that my files don't get installed into that path.

How do I make the Directory Identifier match what is being stored in the property with the same name?

This has something to do with IS2008's change between immediate and deferred execution... I've been trying to get this to work for a while now and I can't seem to get the MSI to recognize this updated property that I tweak in that Immediate Execution script.

HELP PLEASE...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Kelter
Level 10

try sequencing a "Set a Directory" (type 35) CA after your IS CA that will set a directory identifier to the value of the property.

I ran into this problem just a little while ago and it also had me scratching my head. When looking for a directory, the engine only checks the keyname column of the directory table. it won't find a directory name in the property table.

🙂 Good Luck!
0 Kudos
stiggy8
Level 4

Thanks Kelter.

I was working along those lines and still having trouble. I found that is was a corrupted directory table entry. I just cleared out the suspect folders from my project and re-created the structure. I also simplified the depth of the structure and that eliminated the problems. 🙂

I was banging my head against the wall with a bungled up directory table. :mad:

Thanks for the thoughts.
0 Kudos