cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Farkas
Level 4

Get Value Back From Item Selected in LoginInfoListServers

Hi,

I am new to InstallShield and am creating my first Basic MSI package.

I have created a custom dialog to gather domain and group information from the User. I have a browse button that opens the builtin LoginInfoListServers dialog. The dialog opens fine and shows a list of users and when a server is selected and ok button is clicked control returns to my calling dialog.
The problem I am having is getting the selected item from the called control to populate the editServer control on my custom dialog.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

The server selected from LogonInfoListServers is populated in a property named IS_NET_API_SERVER_LIST. You should be able to get the value of this property after the list servers dialog has been displayed.

If you're already able to get this value but it isn't populating the edit field on your custom dialog, this is due to a limitation with the Windows Installer user interface; controls based on properties are not refreshed when the property value changes. In order to get the edit field to refresh with the new property value, your dialog needs to be closed and reopened. If you notice on all the LogonUser dialogs, anything that would require opening a new dialog uses a NewDialog event, which closes the existing open dialog and then displays the new one. This ensures that the controls on a parent dialog refresh when an OK or cancel button is clicked on a spawned child dialog. Your custom dialog could use a similar approach with a NewDialog event to open the LogonInfoListServers dialog, and the NewDialog events on the list servers dialog point to your custom dialog.
0 Kudos
John_Farkas
Level 4

Thanx for your reply.

I am now using the NewDialog event instead of SpawnDialog.

Just one more question. How do I get the IS_NET_API_SERVER_LIST value into my Edit box after a server is selected. I can't see anywhere to associate it.
0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

When you are editing the custom dialog in the Dialogs view, select the Edit control and enter IS_NET_API_SERVER_LIST in the control's Property field. At runtime, whatever value is in this property will be displayed by the edit field. Any changes to the edit field will update the property value.
0 Kudos
John_Farkas
Level 4

That worked great. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
himanshumnnit
Level 3

Is there a way that I can double click instead of clicking OK button after chosing server name in the list of servers ?
0 Kudos