cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sryan1977
Level 4

Framework 3.5 (wiz feature) error

I was attempting to ise SQL Express 2012 with my InstallShield installer and ran into and error. After researching online and in these forums I found Q210041. This informed me that the problem was that the windows feature for Framework 3.5 needed to be enabled and provided a new prerequisite that allowed for this. I then added this prereq to my installer and now have a new error which I am having trouble finding support for.

When the installer tries to install Framework 3.5 I now receive the following message: "Windows Update Standalone Installer. Installer encountered an error 0x80096002. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found."

I did not see anybody else getting such an error in the forums where I found this fix so I'm wondering if maybe I missed a step somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
sryan1977
Level 4

I should add that I am trying to do this through "offline" means as most ours customers will not have internet access on the computers they install our software on. terefore, Windows Update will not be available to them.
0 Kudos