cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyQuick
Level 2

Framework 2.0 language packs

I'm using InstallShield 2008 Premier to create a "Basic MSI" installer for a .net 2.0 app with several languages. When I include the additional languages in the Release Wizard's ".Net Language Pack Run-Time Options", it seems that one of the language packs gets installed when English is the selected language. Usually I see the Danish language get installed, but today I also saw Turkish.

It doesn't seem to do any harm allowing the unneeded language packs to install, other than the wasted time. But it's ugly trying to uninstall a language pack for a language you don't know. Try it sometime.

Anybody know how I can include the 2.0 language packs using the Release Wizard but only have them install on the appropriate systems?

Thanks for reading. Please help if you can.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
TonyQuick
Level 2

Follow up. I discovered that the first .Net language pack listed gets installed.

When I unselect and reselect a language from the list, the new language moves to the end. The reason Turkish started installing was that I had tried removing Danish, and Turkish became the first language in the list. When I removed Turkish, Korean became first in the list and was installed. Also, when a language is toggled, it moves to the end of the list.

And nobody else in the world has seen or noticed this problem? What am I doing wrong? :confused:
0 Kudos