cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidL
Level 3

Formatting of Version identifier in "Status Setup" dialog

Right now I have a product verision that is "2.2"

When my application is getting reinstalled/upgraded, the Setup Status dialog displays the text:

"The InstallShield Wizard is updating (2.02.000) of [Product Name] to version 2.3"

Is there any way I can change the "2.02.000) to read "2.2" without creating a custom dialog? I tried looking at the strings1033.txt and I couldn't find an entry.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

For an InstallScript project, you might see if one or both of setting IFX_PRODUCT_DISPLAY_VERSION and calling SetStatusExStaticText will do the trick...
0 Kudos
DavidL
Level 3

Thanks for your reply. The installer is a InstallShield MSI project. Any other ideas I might try?
0 Kudos
DavidL
Level 3

You can override the "OnResumeUIBefore()" function that gets called in this case. You can create your own custom string and include/use the %P, %VS, and %VI with the "SdSubstituteProductInfo()" function. %VI is version installed. Once you get your custom string updated, you can do what I did is pass that string to another function to format the version installed to a the format I needed.

FYI: The default format of Version Installed is pulled from the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Unistall DWORD entry for "Version" (does NOT use DisplayVersion *sigh*)
0 Kudos