cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenzo22
Level 6

Font issue while uninstall from control panel

Hello all, the installer font seems weird while uninstall from control panel. Please see the image attached. (Pay attention to the font color and font size) How can I resolve this problem?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
kenzo22
Level 6

Does anybody meet this problem before? The font display(non English font) can be very disturbing sometimes, especially on some windows XP machines.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This looks like your project has Build UTF-8 Database set to Yes. The documentation for this setting mentions the possibility of this behavior. Unfortunately it is a limitation in Windows Installer itself.
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Thanks MichaelU, I do have the Build UTF-8 Database option set to Yes. Do you mean if I set this option to No, this problem will disappear? And is it safe to set this option to NO?
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

That really depends on what strings you have. For example if you're trying to use Russian strings (or filenames) in an English build, this requires the UTF-8 database, and you would encounter build errors. If you're just making single language at a time, it will probably work fine with the UTF-8 setting set to No.

So it should be safe to try the build; InstallShield will tell you if any of your strings, filenames, etc. would be lost in such a build.
0 Kudos
kenzo22
Level 6

Ok, very clear answer, I have tried the build with the UTF-8 option set to NO, so far so good. So I think I will go this way, thanks very much for your support.
0 Kudos