cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jschertzer
Level 3

Folder structure wrong!

I have created a new install script msi project. I have a few folders that are created, but will be empty after the install is complete. The structure should be:

[INSTALLDIR]Processing/BundleImportServerMonitor
[INSTALLDIR]Processing/DistributionServerTemp
[INSTALLDIR]Processing/ManualImportFolder

After installation, I get the 3 folders above created, but they are directly off the [INSTALLDIR] folder, not off the Processing folder as desired. I've tried everything I can think of, i've created the above structure threw: files & folders, Setup Design and component creation. Nothing works.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

Have you logged the install? How are you creating the folders - through script or through the CreateFolders table? Can you post the particulars?
0 Kudos
jschertzer
Level 3

Hello Kathy,

I noticed you happen to work for the same company as myself. Small world eh? I'm in the Northville michigan office.

Onto my issue, i've used files&folders view, setup design view, and just plain creating a new component to make these folders. In any case, it doesn't work. Whats really funny though, when I look at files&folders, it actually shows the folder structure exactly like I want it. But upon install, it doesn't show up that way.
0 Kudos
racoon82nz
Level 4

Hi,

You got the slashes in the wrong way... should be folder1\folder2
0 Kudos