cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkeno
Level 2

Files Failing to Install in MPE11.5

I recently upgraded a few of my multiplatform projects from 10.5 to 11.5, and now when I launch an install everything seems to go fine, except no files are actually installed! I've ran a few logs and nothing unusual comes up, and I've run some old installs on the same machine successfully, so its not an environment issue. Has anyone else run into this? My feeling is that it is a setting somewhere that I dont know about, but i've checked everything pretty thoroughly.

Also, I'm fairly new to Multiplatform, but have been using Windows edition for 5+ years.

Thanks,
Andy
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
kidkeno
Level 2

The problem I was having is due to the "Platform" field in the components. For some reason when I upgraded to 10.5 to 11.5 the predefined "All Platforms" did not propogate correctly. This is an Installshield bug, though I could not find any record of it on thier site or in thier release notes.

To fix this issue from the IDE go to:
1. Organization->Installation Design->Click on a feature->Advanced Properties->Platforms

2. Unclick your old selection (for mine, "All Platforms" was listed TWICE! one checked the other not checked.... that cant be good!)

3. Select the new platform, or just leave them all blank and it will default to "Platform Independent"

4. Repeat for all features, and anywhere there is a "Platforms" selectable.

5. Run the install, features should be visible on a custom install dialog and files should get put down.

Hopefully this helps people out, it drove me nuts for a good day and a half. Installshield please fix this, its definitely a bug!!!

Andy
0 Kudos