cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ICE999
Level 5

File versions and patches

Hi

I created an Installshield MSI with a lot of DLL files in it. I created the project so that i have 1 file for 1 component. So every file is a keyfile of a component.
But i noticed that in the File table, no size or versions are mentioned, size is zero for every file and version is empty.
When creating a patch, the file version should be used to decide to do an upgrade but in installshield they're not shown.
Is this normal or did i forget to activate an option somewhere to include versions?

edit: I checked the msi file with orca and in the file table everything looks normal with the correct sizes and fileversions.
I still wonder why they're not shown in installshield.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Nick_Umanski
Level 7

I presume you are viewing the .ism file in InstallShield and finding these entries missing. These fields are not populated until you actually build the project and then they are populated in the built .msi file which you can view in InstallShield too.
0 Kudos
ICE999
Level 5

You are correct, i'm most of the time working with the ism file.
If i edit the .msi with installshield (direct edit) the versions and sizes are present.

I find it a bit annoying when you are working on patches and updates that you can't check the versions or sizes, but i noticed in the .ism view, if you go to the file and folder view and you select the property of a file, the version and the size are mentioned in the override options. So you can have a quick view there.
0 Kudos