cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
priyanka_shelke
Level 2

File refered in custom action before build, is still refered in the setup.

I am using Install shield limited edition 2015.

I created setup with a vbscript "fileA" from location "C:/Data/scripts/" in custom action "CustomAction1". Later I changed the file to "fileB" from location "C:/Data/scripts/" and created setup in "CustomAction1".

I used the setup project in the different machine and replaced the "fileB" with the physical location ("C:/VBscripts/")on the 2nd machine.

When I build the setup on the 2nd system, it gives me an error that "C:/Data/scripts/fileA"(which is the path of the 1st system from where fileA was browsed) is not present on the system.

I do not understand from where "fileA" is searched by the setup, because it is no longer used.

I have verified at each level in all the custom actions I have in the setup. "FileA" is not present in any of the custom actions.

Is there a way I can find from where this file is getting refered?

Quick pointers are really appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
priyanka_shelke
Level 2

I created setup with a vbscript "fileA" from location "C:/Data/scripts/" in custom action "CustomAction1". Later I changed the file to "fileB" from location "C:/Data/scripts/" and created setup in "CustomAction1".

I used the setup project in the different machine and replaced the "fileB" with the physical location ("C:/VBscripts/")on the 2nd machine.

When I build the setup on the 2nd system, it gives me an error that "C:/Data/scripts/fileA"(which is the path of the 1st system from where fileA was browsed) is not present on the system.

I do not understand from where "fileA" is searched by the setup, because it is no longer used.

I have verified at each level in all the custom actions I have in the setup. "FileA" is not present in any of the custom actions.

Is there a way I can find from where this file is getting refered?

I have seen this thread, " https://www.vttoth.com/CMS/technical-notes/25-error-1024-in-installshield-x-express ", is it true and should I change my project file to delete the refered files manually?

0 Kudos