cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pomalese
Level 3

File Exists Bean

Hello all!

I'm trying to figure out how to get the FileExistsWizardBeanCondition to work.

I'm trying to determine if the user selected a valid installation folder. That install folder must already contain a certain executable, xyz.exe.

I have a Goto Action that tells the user that the executable was not found if the condition fails. The FileExistsWizardBeanCondition is set to: Path List = $PATH($V(IS_DESTINATION), xyz.exe), Evaluate = Must not be met.

No matter what I do this condition is always failing, thus causing a loop back to prompting the user!

Another issue I have is that I can't get a log file to be produced for the life of me! I would like to see what the variables are at each stage to see what's not working.

Any and all help would be appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

It sounds as if you're using it correctly; for testing, if you display the value of $PATH($V(IS_DESTINATION), xyz.exe) in a subsequent dialog box, does the correct value show up?
0 Kudos
pomalese
Level 3

RobertDickau wrote:
It sounds as if you're using it correctly; for testing, if you display the value of $PATH($V(IS_DESTINATION), xyz.exe) in a subsequent dialog box, does the correct value show up?

I started over, and everything seems to be working flawlessly. I'm not entirely sure what the difference is... (The original is on my flash drive which I left at home! Guess that was a good thing.)

Thanks for your help!

I did add a dialog to test the variable and it was in fact turning up correctly.

If I put a space between the comma and the text would that cause a space to be inserted into the end result? As in: $PATH($V(IS_DESTINATION), xyz.exe) VS $PATH($V(IS_DESTINATION),xyz.exe)?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Offhand, I don't think the space after the comma should matter; perhaps try adding five or six spaces after the comma to see...
0 Kudos