cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maycockt
Level 3

File Association not working

Hi,

I have associated a file type with my exe, and when I double click my data file, it launches the app, bit doesnt load the file, BUT if I right click the file and choose the exe to load then the application loads the file straight away.

I have configured a file type for my exe, and have set the extension with an Open operation.

Does this sound familiar, and if so, any suggestions as to what I need to configure additionally?

TIA

Tony
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
maycockt
Level 3

Having looked deeper in to this, it appears that the problem is that the file extension I am using is already associated with a different application.

Having looked through the registry, I can see that, after installation, the associated executable seems to be the previous associated application.

So, is there a way of forcing a reassignment of the file type to a new application through the installation process?

Tony
0 Kudos
lasiewicz
Level 6

I have never had a problem using the IDE for this , but if you are still having problem just place the information in the registry. All this does is assing registry keys. Let me know if you need to know the specific registry information.
0 Kudos