cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porongox
Level 2

Feature i need in InstallShield

Hi! I need to know if i can do sometthing like this (I found in MS site) with InstallShield 12:

"Because all of the core Office 2003 products are installed as Windows Installer packages, any of the preceding methods grants users elevated privileges and allows them to install Office and any chained packages. When the initial installation is performed with elevated privileges, all subsequent installations — including install on demand and automatic repair of features — are also automatically elevated."

Basically, run any installer with elevated privileges for the first time but all the subsequent installation or modification without asking for elevations.

Thanks and sorry my poor English!:)
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

You can, but a lot depends on how well you create your installation. For example, a lot of people run into problems because they try to do things that require elevation in a part of the installation which is not elevated (either the UI sequence, or the parts of the execute sequence other than deferred in system context). If you're careful about that, though, things should work as expected in a Basic MSI project.

It also sounded like you might be asking about advertisement (setup.exe /j). If so, again a Basic MSI project is a good place to start.
0 Kudos
porongox
Level 2

Thank you! I'll try with InstallShield what can i do. 🙂
0 Kudos