cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holger_G
Level 10

Feature Prerequisites: Splash Screen image will be displayed twice

I´ve added a splash screen bitmap to my Basic MSI project which uses some Feature Prerequisites. The Splash Screen image will be displayed twice.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(12) Replies
Weiman
Level 4

I just encountered a similar bug - the language dialog displayed a second time when the feature prerequisites are about to be installed.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Weiman wrote:
I just encountered a similar bug - the language dialog displayed a second time when the feature prerequisites are about to be installed.

Yes, I reported that already to the IS Support, it has been filed under #IOC-000072266. There will be a fix soon.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The splash screen being shown again during feature prerequisites is now being tracked under IOC-000072477. Thanks for the report!
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

We just released IS2009 SP1 which corrects this issue. Go to the Tools menus and select Check for Updates to get the patch.

The English patch was released today. German and Japanese will be available early next week.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Has this been fixed properly with SP1?

Cause I still have this problem sporadically from built to build. I´ve reinstalled StandAlone Build SP1 on our build machine but that did not solve it.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

I can still reproduce this effect using SP2. Can anyone please confirm?
0 Kudos
esiemiat
Level 9

I'm getting it too. Could something have been set in the project that I have to change in SP2.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Do you each have the "Advertise if Prerequisites Are Elevated" option selected? If so, does turning it off resolve this? If not, I'm not sure what could cause this, unless the "/hide_splash" parameter does not work. (You could try passing in /hide_splash to your main invocation and see if that removes the first splash, just for extra information.)

Also potentially helpful, if you can catch the command line of the innermost setup.exe (whether launched from the msiexec process, or underneath that one) while the second splash is shown, could you share it?
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

I can reproduce the effect only sporadically. My Feature Prerequisites are .NET 2.0 Redistributable and Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable packages. Sometimes the splash will be displayed twice if both needs to be installed or .NET 2.0 only and sometimes not.
Innermost Command line looks always like this:
[SIZE="1"]InstallShield 11:32:18: *** Launching prerequisites (): C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\FULL\Setup.exe /embed"{851F5EFB-4E65-4651-866E-186043930C23}" /hide_splash /hide_progress /runprerequisites"*List of Features*" /l1033
Action 11:32:18: Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
MSI (c) (08!7C) [11:32:18:687]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding ISPREREQDIR property. Its value is 'C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\FULL\ISSetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0\'.
Action 11:34:16: Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
MSI (c) (08!7C) [11:34:16:500]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Modifying ISPREREQDIR property. Its current value is 'C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\FULL\ISSetupPrerequisites\Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0\'. Its new value: 'C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\FULL\ISSetupPrerequisites\Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable\'.
InstallShield 11:34:35: *** Prerequisites complete; return code 0
[/SIZE]

Advertise if Prerequisites Are Elevated" is selected (Advertise Full UI). Passing /hide_splash to initial Setup.exe works.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Any news on this issue?
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

Btw, I enabled the Small Initialization Dialog option for the releases and sometimes this small initialization dialog will be shown during the setup and sometimes not.
Looks like that it appears only if Prerequisites installed already.
0 Kudos
Holger_G
Level 10

esiemiat wrote:
I'm getting it too. Could something have been set in the project that I have to change in SP2.

Can you still reproduce it?
0 Kudos